January 12 | 1 p.m. | Norman
SATURDAY’S GAME BASICS
A top-25 matchup involves Lloyd Noble Heart for the primary time this season when No. 23 Oklahoma (12-3, 1-2 Massive 12) hosts No. 25 TCU (12-2, 1-1 Massive 12) on Saturday at 1 p.m. The Sooners are on the lookout for their first win over a ranked opponent this season whereas the Horned Frogs are on the hunt for his or her first convention street win of the yr. Oklahoma is 11-Zero all-time when taking part in TCU in Norman. OU is coming off a seven-point loss to No. Eight Texas Tech on Tuesday. The Sooners are 2-Zero in video games after losses.
ON THE AIR
The afternoon Massive 12 matchup will air on the Sooner Radio Community (107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma Metropolis; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Tune In Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry saying. Chad McKee, Dan Hughes and Jessica Coody will name the motion on Fox Sports activities Southwest. Followers with correct cable verification may also stream the sport on the Fox Sports Go App.
Tickets can be found beginning at simply $20 on the OU Athletics Ticket Workplace (800-456-4668) and online here. Lloyd Noble Heart’s north and east ticket home windows will open at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday.
OU pupil tickets (for non-student season ticket holders) may even be obtainable for $5 on the door on the day of every recreation, whereas provides final (doorways open to public 90 minutes earlier than tipoff). OU college students with season tickets might want to declare their tickets prematurely by way of e mail, much like dwelling soccer video games. As soon as claimed, these college students might merely swipe their Sooner One Playing cards on the north entrance to enter.
IN THE BONUS
• Followers are inspired to #ArriveSooner to keep away from delays into the gates with enhanced screenings. OU’s clear bag coverage may even be in efffect. For extra gameday ideas at Lloyd Noble Heart, go to the LNC’s information page.
• Oklahoma has been attacking the glass all season and ranks second within the nation in defensive rebounding with 32.Zero defensive boards per recreation. In OU’s battle with Texas Tech on Tuesday, the Sooners held the Purple Raiders to only three offensive rebounds – the fewest OU has allowed since Feb. 6, 2012 in opposition to Missouri (additionally three). OU’s 43.1 complete rebounds per recreation rank sixth within the nation. The Sooners have three gamers ranked within the high 10 in rebounding within the Massive 12: Christian James (fourth, 7.7), Brady Manek (fifth, 7.5) and Kristian Doolittle (10th, 6.3).
• Kristan Doolittle and Brady Manek have been key members of the OU offensive whereas huge man Jamuni McNeace has been preventing an ankle damage. Doolittle and Manek have averaged a mixed 25.Eight factors and 13.5 rebounds of their final six video games. Doolittle has scored in double figures in 4 of the final 5 video games whereas Manek has scored at the very least 13 factors in 5 of his final six video games.
• Freshman guard Jamal Bieniemy has dished out 5 assists off the bench in every of his previous two video games. The one scholarship freshman on the Oklahoma roster, Bieniemy boasts an help/turnover ratio of three.21, which ranks third amongst all Massive 12 gamers and third nationally amongst freshmen. Regardless of solely scoring 3.5 factors per recreation, Bieniemy contributes along with his composure as a ball handler/distributor and as one of many hardest defenders within the Sooner lineup.
Jamal Bieniemy boasts an help/turnover ratio of three.21 - the third finest within the Massive 12.
SERIES HISTORY: TCU
• OU owns a 21-Four all-time report in opposition to the Horned Frogs and has gained 13 of the final 16 conferences. OU leads the collection 10-Three because the Frogs joined the Massive 12 in 2012.
• TCU has by no means gained in Norman, because the Sooners boast an ideal 11-Zero report when internet hosting the Frogs.
• The Sooners and Horned Frogs confronted off in a pair of tight contests final season, with OU popping out in entrance in each matchups. Oklahoma escaped Fort Value with a comeback 90-89 victory on Dec. 30 after which gained in time beyond regulation, 102-97, on Jan. 13.
• OU has gained 20 of its final 22 video games inside Lloyd Noble Heart and 22 of its final 24 “dwelling” video games (consists of victories in OKC and Tulsa). The Sooners have gained six straight video games on the LNC, final shedding at dwelling on Feb. 17, 2018 to Texas. Oklahoma is certainly one of 4 Massive 12 groups and not using a dwelling loss this season.
• Through the Kruger period, Oklahoma is 13-2 in dwelling top-25 matchups.
• OU has gained 28 of its final 58 video games in opposition to groups ranked within the AP Prime 25, however is 0-Three in opposition to ranked groups this season (all three video games had been away from dwelling).
• With Kansas State coming to city on Wednesday, this two recreation stretch is the primary time this season OU performs back-to-back video games at Lloyd Noble Heart.
• Within the months of December and January, OU is holding its foes to 48-of-191 (.251) from 3-point vary – the sixth lowest within the nation throughout that point.
• Oklahoma is the one faculty within the nation with a win over a staff from each main convention (Energy 5 + Massive East).
• The Sooners are 11-1 when outrebounding their opponents. In its 12 wins, Oklahoma is successful the rebounding margin by a median of seven.2 boards.
• OU opponents are capturing 37.9 p.c from the sphere – the second lowest opponent subject purpose proportion within the convention and 11th nationally.
• Oklahoma is second within the nation in defensive rebounding with 32.Zero defensive boards per recreation. OU’s 43.1 complete rebounds per recreation rank sixth within the nation.
• The Sooners have three gamers ranked within the high 10 in rebounding within the Massive 12: Christian James (fourth, 7.7), Brady Manek (fifth, 7.5) and Kristian Doolittle (10th, 6.3).
• Senior guard Christian James is fourth within the Massive 12 for each scoring (16.9 factors per recreation) and rebounding (7.7 boards). With 968 profession factors, James is 32 shy of changing into the 45th Sooner to eclipse 1,000 factors in an Oklahoma uniform. James additionally owns 424 profession rebounds. Solely 5 Sooner guards have ever produced 1,000 factors and 500 rebounds in a profession.
• James did not report a double-double in his first 104 collegiate video games, however has produced at the very least 10 factors and 10 rebounds in six of his eight video games since. His six double-doubles are the second most within the Massive 12.
• James additionally ranks third within the convention for made 3-point subject targets (2.Four per recreation). He’s the one Massive 12 participant averaging over 2.Zero made 3-pointers and seven.Zero rebounds.
• Sophomore ahead Brady Manek ranks fifth within the Massive 12 in rebounding with 7.6 boards per recreation. Manek averaged solely 5.2 rebounds final season, however placed on 20 kilos over the offseason to enhance his bodily presence within the paint. He has put collectively 4 double-doubles this season (had none his freshman yr).
• The Sooners virtually all the time have staff success on nights that Manek is rolling. Throughout his profession, OU is 19-6 when Manek scores in double figures, 12-1 when he scores at the very least 15 factors and 8-Zero when he hit 4 or extra 3-pointers.
• Graduate guard Miles Reynolds continues to profit from his lone season with the Sooners, incomes Massive 12 Newcomer of the Week for video games performed Dec. 17-25. Reynolds averaged 12.Zero factors, 4.5 rebounds and three.Zero assists in Oklahoma’s two most up-to-date wins (Creighton and at Northwestern) to earn the glory for the primary time. Reynolds is Oklahoma’s third-leading scorer with season averages of 10.6 factors, 2.9 rebound and 1.Four assists. He has reached double-digit scoring in six of his final 9 outings.
• Graduate level guard Aaron Calixte ranks eighth within the convention in assists with 3.2 dimes per recreation. Calixte is averaging 8.7 factors per recreation and has totaled 1,255 factors in his profession (1,125 got here at Maine).
IN DEFENSE OF CHANGING STYLES
• The Sooners have fully shifted their model of play from 2017-18 to 2018-19. Head coach Lon Kruger has proven the flexibleness to regulate his model of play to the personnel on his roster. Final season, the Sooners performed a fast-tempo, high-scoring model via nationwide rookie of the yr Trae Younger. As the primary participant to guide the nation in scoring and assists, Younger drove the Sooners offense to attain 84.9 factors per recreation – the fifth most of any staff final season and the eighth most in program historical past. The Sooners’ 2017-18 tempo was the second quickest amongst major-conference groups with a median possession of solely 14.Zero seconds. As a result of velocity of play and emphasis on free-flowing offense, the Sooners gave up a median of 81.7 factors per recreation on the defensive finish.
• This season, the Sooners are focusing way more on the defensive facet – utilizing their athleticism and size to drive opponents deep into the shot clock and displaying enchancment in contesting photographs. OU opponents are averaging 66.2 factors per recreation and capturing 37.9 p.c from the sphere (ranks second within the Massive 12, 11th within the nation).
• Oklahoma’s protection has been particularly disruptive late within the recreation. In OU’s 12 wins, its opponents are capturing a mixed 33.Eight p.c (23.Three p.c from 3) within the ultimate 15 minutes of the sport.
• OU has held its opponent to 60 or fewer factors in 4 video games.
• The Sooners have held their opponents to 30 or fewer factors within the first half on six events this season (did so zero occasions final season).
• OU opponents have shot below 32 p.c in 5 video games this season.
DIFFERENT GUY EVERY NIGHT
• Oklahoma head coach Lon Kruger has mentioned all season that for the Sooners to achieve success, they’ll want contributions from totally different guys every evening. The Sooners have seen simply that via 15 video games as their roster options six gamers averaging at the very least six factors.
• Eight of the 9 Sooners in Kruger’s principal rotation have at the very least three video games of 10-or-more factors.
• The Sooners have had at the very least three gamers attain double-digit scoring in all 12 of their wins. Oklahoma is averaging 3.5 gamers in double figures per recreation.
• 4 totally different Sooners have led the staff in scoring over OU’s final six video games.
UP NEXT: KANSAS STATE
• Oklahoma stays at dwelling when it hosts Kansas State on Wednesday at 6 p.m. CT on ESPN2. The Sooners lead the all-time collection, 108-99, and maintain a 63-27 lead over the Wildcats in Norman. The Sooners have gained 4 of their final 5 contests with Okay-State in Norman. The house staff has gained the final seven conferences.
• OU head coach Lon Kruger is 6-Eight in opposition to his alma mater whereas teaching the Sooners.